"Put your hand upon a chip. When I dip, you dip, we dip!"
We headed to the lake house again this past weekend to spend time with my in-laws and parents. Mom and I whipped up two great dips prior to our guests arriving.
The first one I'm sharing with you today is almost embarrassing how easy it actually is to make. There's only one step after you prep your ingredients. What's better than a 1-step, great tasting dip? Well, great tasting dip with great tasting chips, duh!
Poolside Corn Dip
- 4 cups of roasted corn (Feel free to use fresh or frozen corn.)
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise (Don't tell J. He is not a manyonnaise fan...)
- 8 ounces of medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 to 3 jalapeños, seeds and membranes removed, minced (I used two jalapeños and the recipe was not spicy. If you like a little kick, I recommend using at least 3 jalapeños.)
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic salt
- Black pepper, to taste
1. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients: corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeños, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir to mix. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably, overnight.
Of course, serve it was delicious tortilla chips. Our favorite are Tostitos Original Restaurant Style chips.