Wow! Can you believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday? Where the heck does the time go?
Because our family will be happily stuffing our faces with all things unhealthy on Thursday, I've decided to keep the rest of this week's meals light so that I can enjoy the holiday semi-guilt free.
Again, my mother-in-law gave me this recipe after making it for us when we were in town a few weeks ago. I had to edit a few ingredients because some of my produce went bad before I had a chance to make it.
These are great to make up one day and have in the fridge to grab for a quick lunch throughout the week.
- 1 lb of ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1/4 cup of panko crumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 TBSP of minced scallions (I didn't have any so I left out and replaced with Spinach!)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 TBSP of low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBSP of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP of canola or vegetable oil
1. You mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl, then divide into 4 equal patties & grill.
Just 1 step. How much simpler can you get? Not much, people. Not much.
I topped mine with a yummy slice of provolone cheese, and splurged with a handful of Original Lay's Potato Chips. Don't judge me!
I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe Thanksgiving.