It's been almost a month since I wrote my last blog post. I'm sorry :/ On a good note, Twin Sis and I have been beyond busy with work. On a bad note, I've neglected other things I enjoy doing like write to you all.
This week Twin Sis and I will be in a four-day course at our Realtor Board's headquarters as a part of our "Continuing Education" requirements for our license. I completed one course over the weekend, and will be taking the second out of three with her beginning tomorrow. Because the classes are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day, we won't have much time to do anything but wake up and go to class. We do get a lunch hour, but I don't feel like eating out for four days straight.
I decided to meal prep lunches for the week so that if I do have a chance to come home for lunch, I can zap it and go. I browsed Pinterest and came across this recipe for Honey Sesame Chicken lunches.
Honey Sesame Chicken Bowl
Honey Sesame Sauce:
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 cups of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups of green beans, cut in half
- 2 large chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- sesame seeds garnish
1. Whisk together all honey sesame sauce ingredients and set aside
2. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package instructions. Divide among 4 or 5 prep containers.
3. Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add broccoli and green beans. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes, until bright green and tender. Divide among the containers.
4. Add more olive oil to the pan if needed. Add the chicken and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until fully cooked through.
5. Add the sauce to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes, until thickened.
6. Divide the chicken among the containers and drizzle with more sauce. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
The house smells amazing, and J has already said he's going to steal some for his lunch, too. We'll see how many days I actually get to eat it. :P