I'm a huge fan of cooking magazines. I love flipping through the pages of Food Network Magazine & CookingLight and ear-marking all the delicious recipes I want to try out. I love sites and blogs to find new and interesting meals to make, but there's something about paper. Cookbooks and magazines are still my go-to's.
I was at HEB the other day when I saw CookingLight's "Italian Favorites" special edition on the racks. Duh, I had to get it.
Last night I made the first of many recipes out of it and it was divine! The perfect segway into fall dishes in our household.
Chicken & Butternut Gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-in. pieces (I used chicken breast)
- 3 cups (1/2-in.) cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. gnocchi
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons prepared refrigerated pesto
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 5 ounces baby spinach, chopped
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Place chicken in a bowl.
2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan over medium. Add squash and onion; cook 8 minutes.
3. Add squash mixture to chicken. Add gnocchi to pan; cook 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken mixture, stock, pesto, sage, garlic, and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute. Top with cheese.