We've come to the end of our at-home date night meal from this weekend. Last on the menu, Maple Coriander Roasted Carrots- a side dish that is super simple to whip up, but tastes decadent and expensive.
The great part about these carrots is that you can roast them in the same oven as the chicken at the same time!
Maple Coriander Roasted Carrots
- 7 to 8 small carrots, halved
- 1 1/2 Tbsps of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps of maple syrup
- 2 tsps of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (Or, if serving it with the herb-butter roasted chicken, the oven should already be preheated for you.)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, syrup, coriander, salt, and red pepper flakes. Pour the mixture over the carrots and toss until evenly coated.
4. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and caramelized in parts, turning them once.
Overall, this entire meal was a fantastic success. J and I scarfed it all up, with plenty of leftovers to enjoy for a couple of days after.
Whether you try these recipes separately, or prepare them all together for a special dinner in, I hope you find them just as delicious as we did.