I seriously love this recipe. It's one of my favorite go-to's for when J and I want to eat something delicious, but uncomplicated.
I first had it when I visited my now in-laws' house for one of the first times years ago. I just had to have the recipe, and thankfully Momma L sent it over ASAP. It's been a staple meal in our house ever since.
- 6 to 8 slices of bacon
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 lb of shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 12 oz of spaghetti
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup of half & half
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1. Cook pasta and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
3. Fry bacon (either in a pan or microwave) until crispy. Set aside.
4. In a large pot, melt butter. Add the peppers and onions and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then, add shrimp and cook until pink - about 5 minutes.
5. Toss the shrimp mixture with the cooked spaghetti. Add Parmesan cheese, half and half, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper. Toss again. The mixture should be moist. If necessary, add a little bit more bread crumbs and half and half.
6. Crumble the bacon into the mix and toss again. Then, transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Putting it in the oven creates a nice "crust" on the top, which makes it even more fun to eat! Plus, the crunch from the bell peppers and bacon seal the deal.
What's not to love about pasta in a buttery bacon-y sauce?
I'd love to hear what you think of the dish. Come back and share your thoughts in the comments below!